My background is rooted in Marketing, eCommerce and Web Development. I have spent the last 12 years combining my technical skills in the area of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). My goal is to effectively leverage search engine marketing for online businesses.
My Ideal SEO Job
I enjoy discovering innovative ways of finding cost-effective solutions that help my clients’ websites become more visible and competitive in the long-run while strictly adhering to time-tested, white-hat SEO methods.
Polynesian Cultural Center, September 2001 – Present
• spearheaded efforts to develop in-house tools to automat and streamline SEO-related activities to increase profitability while providing more value
• provided SEO expertise for the marketing division
• led a team in setting benchmarks to increase sales conversions
• introduced an approach to incorporating social media optimization to augment the traditional SEO offerings already in place
HawaiiWeddings.com, January 2009 – August 2010
• determined the strategy and executed the tactics necessary to drive traffic to web sites with the ultimate goal of delivering a positive ROI via conversions, leads and sales
• participated in business development activities such as technical sales, proposal writing, and SEO capability presentations
• optimized website and blogs for optimal visibility
• increased page rank from 3 to 6 within one year
Brazil Botanicals, January 2008 – Present
SEO Director, Director of E-Commerce,
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• spearheaded the effort to discover why client was failing to receive traffic from search engines comparable to major competitors; presented findings and recommendations to upper management for search engine optimization (SEO) project approval; and followed through with a plan that resulted in a 800% increase in traffic and sales from search engines
• worked closely with the president of the company so that SEO best practices were followed from the start
• conducted training sessions on how to incorporate SEO into their workflow
• initiated a year-long project to create an e-commerce processing platform to handle orders from different sources
• worked with various business units to get their products online through various e-commerce initiatives including customized storefronts; A/B split-testing of stand-alone offer pages to determine the most effective method for delivering a marketing message; and promoting offers on third-party sites
Aloha Top Ten, January 2005 – December 2008
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• conducted analysis to determine the best way to buy traffic for client so that the PPC campaign be cost effective
• used specialized sources of traffic for travel industry
InnoMark, Inc, January 2002 – December 2008
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• redesigned website, created ecommerce package, created wholesale lead generator, backlink directory
• assessed project feasibility, gathered business requirements, and executed project plans for various business groups
• managed relationships with third-parties to promote and enhance the reach of several marketing efforts for my clients
About Christian Wilson
Christian Wilson is an Internet Marketing Professional, Organic SEO Expert, Search Engine Optimization Analyst, Blog Writer. He has lectured at the University of Hawaii and BYU Hawaii University about SEO and has attended travel related SEO conferences on the mainland. Produced BYU Hawaii University’s 2nd Annual SEO conference with Andy Beal as the keynote speaker.
Prior to his position as Internet Marketing Consultant, Christian Wilson has worked as a Senior Analyst at the Polynesian Cultural Center (Hawaii’s top paid attraction since 1963) for 17 years. He was responsible for creating PCC’s first website back in 1994.
– BYU Hawaii, Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, 1984
– BYU Idaho, Associate Degree in Computer Science, 1980
SEO Setup Skills
• Keyword research and identification
• Html code optimization (meta tags, urls, etc)
• Keyword incorporation into website copy with proper density and attributes (bold, strong, etc.)
• Internal link structure optimization
• File name optimization
• Image alt and title tag optimization
• Permanent redirect setup (htaccess)
• Google Webmasters setup and configuration
• Yahoo! Site Explorer setup and configuration
• Bing Webmaster Center setup and configuration
• Website submission to major search engines
• Sitemap.xml creation / submission
• Outbound link optimization (nofollow setup)
• Google Analytics setup and configuration (including Goals and Funnels)
• Submission to premium directories
Ongoing SEO Skills
• High quality one way link building
• Premium directory ling building
• General directory link building
• Link exchange setup
• Reciprocal link building
• Local SEO (more than 90 local directories)
• Social bookmarking
• XHTML compliance
• Social media optimization
• Creation of additional optimized content
• Press release creation / distribution
• Link Bait Ideas / Setup
• Article writing / Submission to article directories
• Competitor analysis
• SEO analysis
– Software: Microsoft Office, Photoshop, many others
– Up to date with current web trends and technologies (Web 2.0)
– Extended experience with creation/design of websites & various blog software (WordPress, Blogger)
– Familiar with various scripting languages (HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP)
– Working knowledge of several SEO tools, such as Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery, Google Analytics & IBP
– Project and people management experience
– Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills
– Excel in online research, data collection and analysis
– Accustomed to multi-tasking and deadline-driven environment
– Multi-lingual (Tahitian, French)
– Upon request
Before you hire a SEO firm, expect the following from them:
– They shouldn’t undertake any client campaign that they know they are not qualified to implement.
– They should provide their client with a written agreement outlining work to be completed and agreed fees.
– They should not use any strategies or tactics that could violate the guidelines of Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
– Provide client with an invoice for work carried out.
– Maintain all insurances required by their State laws.
– They should not to intentionally violate any State or Federal laws including, but not limited to, trademark and copyright laws.
– They should provide client with full contact information including the name, telephone number, and email address of the person responsible for the campaign.
– They should register and assign all newly created accounts to the client, or make the client aware if that is not the case.
– They should treat their client the way they would want to be treated.